Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: how to improve mobile phone signal strength  (Read 5254 times)

Offline OldMucks

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: how to improve mobile phone signal strength
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2021, 01:20:45 PM »
Xiaomi are doing a 100w one now for their fast charge smart phones.

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2024, 12:03:00 PM »

Well, almost 3 years have passed, and I seem to even further behind in the 'tech' stakes... I was happy with my RFI CDQ7195 antenna connected via patch lead to my Telstra T85 phone (it has external RF port) - big improvement over phone with no antenna and avoids cost of Cel-fi Go thingies.
However, the T85 died somewhere between Borraloola and Burketown; the corrugations eventually destroyed the RF input port on the phone which unfortunately resulted in NO reception with or without the antenna connected.
For reasons I wont go into, the T85 has been replaced with a Samsung Galaxy S24, which apparently has a 'blue tick' but does not have an external RF port. So now I have an obsolete RFI CDQ7195 antenna on the Dmax.
Being a skint old-age pensioner, I am not able to afford a Cel-fi Go thingy (I'd rather eat and drink...). So, my question to all you young tech-savvy forum members is this -
Does anyone know of a way I can boost mobile reception using the S24 and the RFI antenna? It appears that some sort of cradle MAY achieve this, but at least a few years back, this was reported by a mate as having very limited improvement over no antenna at all.... Now, the reason I need help here is that I am an old techtard; almost useless searching on the interweb thingy (I'm at the extreme end of my capabilities just posting on this forum!), and no not what I'm talking about when we mention phones, antennas, cradles, rf, modulater, etc etc?
There appears to be boosters available on flea bay for $70, but these probably are illegal or dont work or both.... And I wonder if/how a cradle helps when there seems to be no direct connection between the antenna and the phone.
All replies gratefully accepted!
Cheers, Techtard Jack
Old Fart still pushing the envelope... but it remains stationery

Offline xcvator

« Reply #18 on: Jun 27, 2024, 06:41:06 PM »
I have NFI about the subject, but I would suggest you go and join myswag.org ,lots people on there with knowledge about long range communications
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

The following users thanked this post: jack-fc

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal